Follow

Mixamo Store FAQ

Important notice for Mixamo customers. 
We’re retiring features and services on this site, learn how this affects you.

---

General

What is the Mixamo Store?
MIxamo is an online 3D character animation platform. You can use the characters and animations from Mixamo in any creative project such as a graphic design, film, or video game.

Where do I access the store?
You can access Mixamo’s cloud-based web services at www.mixamo.com/store/. Mixamo is a technology preview and is available free, without license or royalty fees, for all users with an Adobe ID.

What services are part of the store?

Fuse (Preview) Upload: If you’ve made a character in Fuse, you can upload them directly to Mixamo for animation.

Auto-Rigging: Upload an un-rigged human character to the store to have it automatically rigged and prepared for animation.

Auto-Mapping: Upload a pre-rigged 3D character model to the store to have it mapped and prepared for animation.

Store: The store itself is a large library of characters and animations you can use in your projects. Animations can be applied to characters that were uploaded, taken from the store, or uploaded from Fuse (Preview).

Downloads: The Mixamo Store provides a wide variety of download options so you can integrate your 3D characters into your software or game engine.

How do I get started learning to use the store?
The Mixamo community is a huge resource, featuring a knowledge base, forums, and support system.

What types of projects can I use Mixamo in?
Characters and animations from Mixamo are very robust and can be used in any type of creative project such as a graphic design, video or even a 3D interactive experience such as a video game.

Can I use Mixamo commercially?
Yes. Characters and animations from Mixamo can be used for commercial projects.  Mixamo is a technology preview and is available free, without license or royalty fees, for all users with an Adobe ID.

Does the Store require an internet connection?
Yes. Mixamo is a cloud-based software and does require a constant internet connection to access the characters and animations. After downloading, the contents can be used offline.

Uploading to the Store

Can I auto-rig a character with extra parts like wings or a tail?
Not at this time.

Can I upload or animate animals, vehicles or other model types?
Not at this time.

What file formats can I upload custom characters in?
Mixamo accepts .fbx and .obj file formats, or to upload an .obj with textures you can .zip it with the .mtl and textures. For help with uploading and auto-rigging, please view the troubleshooting guide.

Is there a limit to the number of downloads?
No!  Upload as many characters as you'd like.

Downloading from the Store

What file formats can I download in?
Mixamo has three primary download file formats: .fbx, .dae, and .bvh. We have additional specialized downloads for Unity, Unreal, and Source engines. For more information on the individual download options, please see the store download guide.

Is there a limit to the number of downloads?
No!  Download as many characters and animations as you'd like!

Mixamo Store Content

How many animations are in the store?
There are over 3000 animations, all captured from real actor performances!

Can I edit the content?
Yes! We encourage you to edit the animations and characters to suit your project!

Can I request a new animation?
Yes! We can’t make any promises, but we’d love to know what types of animations you’d like to see in the store. Vote for your favorite suggestions in the Animation Ideas forum.

Can I request new character types?
All of the characters in the store are made with Adobe Fuse CC (Preview).  We can’t make any promises, but we’d love to know what types of content you’d like to see in Fuse. Vote for your favorite suggestions in the Fuse Content Ideas forum.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 4 found this helpful

Comments